Section 8 Vouchers FAQ
Does TJC Real Estate & Management accept Section 8 vouchers?
This varies from property to property.
What is the process for Section 8 applicants?
- Please make sure that your voucher falls in the parameters of the home you would like rent (number of bedrooms and your voucher needs to cover the full rental amount).
- Once this is verified, please set up a showing by calling 303.324.6988 ext 1.
- If you feel the house would suit you, fill out an application on our website and bring in your DHA paperwork for our office to fill out.
- Please note that we only accept one DHA applicant per property at a time. If we already have a DHA applicant, we will ask you not to submit DHA paperwork, but just fill out an application and we will put you on a waitlist for the said property.
- Once the paperwork is filled out, you will receive a call from our office to pick up the paperwork and submit it to DHA.
- Also note that we are NOT able to hold a property through the Section 8 process if a non-DHA applicant applies and can sign a lease immediately. We can only hold the property once the property has passed DHA inspection.
- DHA will call to set up an inspection. Once we hear from DHA that the inspection has cleared, then we will send you a lease. The lease and security deposit are due with 24 hours of the lease being sent to you.
- If DHA does not approve the property due to Rent Reasonability, they will contact us to see if the owner will lower the price. If the owner declines, then unfortunately we are unable to offer a lease.
Do you have information regarding Section 8 and/or Denver Housing Authority?
For more information, please visit the Denver Housing Authority website.